Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
M0WWS M0WWS is offline

Default 'Home-made' radio in John Lewis!

On Oct 28, 7:36*pm, "
wrote:
Following the discussion about 'Practical Wireless' and home-made
'wirelesses', I saw this in the JL Christmas Catalogue today:

http://www.johnlewis.com/231261075/Product.aspx

...looks just like something out of 'Everyday Electronics' circa 1980,
even down to the knobs and the drilled-out 'speaker grille'! Although
for true authenticity, it should be made with a plain plastic 'project
box', but then they wouldn't be able to claim 'green' credentials for
the recycled cardboard...

Then there's this one:

http://www.johnlewis.com/169344/Product.aspx

...looking like a manufactured set from the same era.

LOL - looks like something I would make, before I progressed to the
advanced biscuit tin models.