Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Asus N7600GS (red dots and lines)

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 07:45:52 -0700 (PDT), Jack00
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I did check the capacitors and some were high with a capacitor meter
so I replaced them and the card worked for a few days but the symptoms
returned again. The power supply voltages going to the card seem
normal. Are there any tests I can do on the card?

I suspect that the card manufacturers would have their own
diagnostics, but I haven't seen anything like this on the Internet. I
don't know what you could do except to narrow down the fault with a
hair dryer and spray freezer. I would also choose the lowest possible
refresh rate in the properties for your card.

The only other thing I can think of, if you really are desperate to
save this card, would be to reduce its capacity from 256MB to 128MB,
assuming of course that yours is the former.

- Franc Zabkar