Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boat trailer question

On Oct 28, 6:10*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

My question is what is the best way to approximate the new carrying capacity
so that I know how high to make the rails, and use that as an indicator of
when the trailer is loaded? *I did not look for a plate, and suspect if I
found one, everything may be changed due to the modifications already done.

Can provide photos if requested.

Sorry to butt in with metal stuff, but, hey, *.....................

Steve

You can find information on how much a cord of wood weighs. It varies
depending on the type of tree. But if it were me, I would make the
rails higher than what is necessary for hauling wood. That way the
trailer is suitable for hauling lighter things such as taking leaves
to the dump. The tires might give you a good idea of how much weight
the trailer can haul.

Dan