Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default New Home Depot store security

On Oct 28, 12:00*pm, SMS wrote:
On 10/28/2011 8:29 AM, jeff_wisnia wrote:

I'm shocked, shocked that a big box store would take back merchandise
without a sales receipt nowadays. A small place where the owner knew the
customer and remembered what they bought maybe, but not a big one.

If you paid with a credit card many stores simply look up your receipt
based on the credit card number. If you paid cash you're out of luck.

bzzzzzzt...Wrong Answer.

HD will take back items without a receipt and give you store credit as
long as you have a picture ID.

As far as looking up the transaction via your credit/debit card,
that's true. However, there are times when I know I'm going to buy
someting while I'm in HD, so if I don't have the receipt I just tell
them I paid cash - even if it was on my debit card. They just issue a
gift card and I'm good to go.