Posted to alt.home.repair
WW[_2_] WW[_2_] is offline

Default New Home Depot store security

"bob haller" wrote in message
New Home Depot store security
I went to home depot today. searching for a employee to get some wire
cut, couldnt find anyone close by electrical.

did find the store full of a new security system. It features cameras
and tv monitors, with flashing lights, beeping constantly, and
messages you are bering recorded.

Now I dont mind security cameras or even audio recordings but dont
care to see my picture repeatedly, they literally have hundreds of
cameras with monitors all thru the store.

Unable to find help I stopped at the registers to give the store
manager my opinion of their new security system. a guy did come I
asked are you a manager? well no can i help? no i want to speak to the
store manager, no he isnt available......

Well I went on a tirade of their new system, and left suggesting they
take a photo of me a now lost customer..

I am all for stopping retail theft but this is way too annoying and
the beeping drove me nuts

I called home depot complaint line, they took my info but no one
called me back.

has anyone else seen anything so intrusiv

I asked a sales personat local WalMart if they have much promlem with shop
lifters. She replied she has watched many teenagers do this. I asked if she
calls police dept. She said NO we are not allowed to stop them.