Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Home Depot store security

When you find those tags accessable (stuck on outside of
product). Peel em off gently, and stick them on the bottom
of someone else shopping buggy. That will drive the store
buggy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"SMS" wrote in message

At the Home Depot near me the Sensormatic alarm must go off
every 15
seconds. They are very loud and very annoying.

I once asked a cashier how many people they caught stealing
stuff due to
the Sensormatic tags. She said that she'd been there since
the store
opened in 2000 and that they had never caught anyone--every
alarm was
either a false alarm due to the failure to deactivate the
tag, or the
alarm was ignored by employees, because of so many false
alarms, so they
didn't know if it was something being stolen or not. Just
like car alarms.

I never stop if the alarm goes off. It's not my problem,
it's theirs.
It's always amusing to see the sheeple return inside the
store if they
set off the alarm.