Frank Ketchum

Default FS Grizzly Jointer Knives / Grizzy restocking fee joke?

"WoodChuck34" wrote in message
om...
I bought the wrong jointer blades from my Grizzly jointer. It's my
own fault because I was paying attention when I clicked the
accessories for this product button and quickly placed an order for
the knives.

Anyone interested in a set (or 2) of G6665 jointer knives let me know.
They are the ones for the Dispoza-Blade System, which is where I made
my mistake. You need the Dispoza-Blade cutterhead ($159). Oops.

They want to charge me an additional 10% restocking fee (I know, its
clearly marked on their website) so if anyone wants these I'll sell
them for what I paid, $16.95 and I'll pay the shipping. Figure that
may make it worth it for someone out there. I have 2 sets, unopened.

And next time, I'll make sure I read everything when I place my
Grizzly order.

As a footnote, thanks to everyone's posts about tuning jointers. I
did a little research and squaring up a board no longer produces
S-Curves.

I would call them and ask them to waive the restocking fee. All they can do
is say no. My company has a restocking fee, but it only kicks in 10 days
after reciept of the item. This is to protect people who make innocent
mistakes such as this one. It is designed to discourage returns 3 months
later, which cause other headaches for us.

Frank