Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default New Home Depot store security

On 10/27/2011 8:53 PM, Oren wrote:

I was in HD yesterday. Cameras every where. Even the fake ones that
simulate recording crime. They have no film recorded. You can tell by
looking at them.

At the Home Depot near me the Sensormatic alarm must go off every 15
seconds. They are very loud and very annoying.

I once asked a cashier how many people they caught stealing stuff due to
the Sensormatic tags. She said that she'd been there since the store
opened in 2000 and that they had never caught anyone--every alarm was
either a false alarm due to the failure to deactivate the tag, or the
alarm was ignored by employees, because of so many false alarms, so they
didn't know if it was something being stolen or not. Just like car alarms.

I never stop if the alarm goes off. It's not my problem, it's theirs.
It's always amusing to see the sheeple return inside the store if they
set off the alarm.