Posted to alt.home.repair
Fatter Than Ever Moe Fatter Than Ever Moe is offline

Default Ethanol ate my lawnmower

Cheeseball wrote:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...nd-tear-of-e10

Repairman and small-business owner Rich Herder doesn't mince words about
the damage ethanol in gasoline is doing to the small engines in outdoor
power equipment. "It's the biggest disaster to hit gasoline in my
lifetime," Herder says. He owns McIntyre's Locksmith & Lawnmower, a
service business in Westfield, N.J. Founded in 1898 to refurbish
saddles, the business today repairs more than 5000 machines a
year—mostly pieces of outdoor power equipment, and many of them,
according to Herder, damaged by the alcohol in today's gasoline, known
as E10 for the 10 percent of alcohol it contains.

All I know is what I read in the papers....
Someone is bound to mention this, might as well get it over with,
http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/default.aspx