Posted to alt.home.repair
Pointer Pointer is offline

Default Ethanol ate my lawnmower

On 10/27/2011 3:25 AM, harry wrote:
On Oct 26, 6:01 pm, wrote:
On 2011-10-26, Bob wrote:

Anyone else have that page repeatedly hang their computer. It loads partway,
then nothing.

Works for me, running linux and seamonkey (netscape) with noscript.

As for this alcohol nonsense, I don't buy it. On one hand we hear
it's ruining our engines, otoh, it's been around fer at least two
decades. One oil company was putting 10% in their gasoline as early
as the late 80s, long before it was required. I ran it, by choice, in
my V8 van because it reduced or eliminated ping over gasolines not
containing alcohol. And pray tell, what's that additive we've been
putting in our gas tanks, nearly forever, to alleviate water
condensation accumulation? Could it be --gasp!-- alcohol?

My personal opinion about home/garden gas engine tools falling apart
recently is, it's due more to increasingly cheapo crap quality than
any alcohol in the gas.

nb

Yes,you're right. We have alcohol in petrol over here in one brand
since the 70's. They used to call it ignition control additive.
In Brazil some cars run on pure alcohol.

Please remember it is the votes who elected these Congressmen who have
required ethanol. If you don't like ethanol please vote in new people
who will repeal all of the ridiculous subsidies and requirements.