Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default Need to install a grab-bar in shower. Advice?

My mother-in-law is having shoulder-replacement surgery following a
particularly bad fall, and I need to install a grab bar for her in the
shower. Her house was built in the '70s I believe, and the shower is
covered with ceramic tile up to about five feet. She has a stainless steel
bar that looks like it will work well, but I am not certain as to how to
install it for a trouble-free and usefull life. It is set up for 1/4"
screws, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to anchor it
ito ceramic tile. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave