Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default Murray Lawnmower Question

On Oct 27, 12:33*am, Kate wrote:
On 10/26/2011 2:15 PM, wrote: All lawnmowers have air filters. Most snow blowers do not. Except for
early Craftsman Eager 1 engines, most lawn mowers use an oiled foam
filter in the air intake box - some fasten with a screw into the carb,
and some have a clip-on plastic lid.

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:18:17 -0700, *wrote:

Can anyone tell me if all lawnmowers have an air filter? I would think
so, but I can't find one on my machine. My instruction book does not
mention air filters, at all.

Thanks.

Kate

Ok, I will search for it. *I am hoping it is a foam filter, as I know
how to clean those. *Never had a paper one.

Thanks.

I must have missed something...did someone mention a "paper one"?
These are the pricier automotive type on some mowers and riders.