Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default What happens if you ever lose a "chipped" key for your car?

"SRN" wrote in message

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"Pete C." wrote in message news:4ea80250$0$28458
.

What do you program a key with? I have a lot of slots on my PC, but no
car
keyholes. (-:

I'd prefer to pay $8 instead of $80, obviously, but it depends on what a
programmer costs. What's the deal?

The vehicle itself does the programming with you inserting the two
programmed keys, and then the new, unprogrammed key. Here's a video

showing
how:

http://fullerisford.wordpress.com/20...ord-pats-keys/

Way cool. I have no idea if that works for a 2002 Chrysler or where I'd
get a blank from, but it does give me a good idea of what to look for.
Thanks!

--
Bobby G.