Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Air compressor recommendations

In article ,
says...

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:32:26 -0500, Gramp's wrote:

Thanks, friends, for the good counsel. I've selected a factory refurb
Porter-Cable, 6-gallon pancake compressor for $120. Good reviews and it
seems like it will meet my needs.

I've have one of those (and a larger upright DeWalt) for five or six years.
It's plenty big enough to run any sort of nailer. As long as you don't want
to do something like spray paint with it, you'll be happy.

What is the minimum to spray paint (like for furniture)? Is it in the
neighborhood of 40# @ 7.2 CFM, or am I looking at the wrong sprayers?

That will handle the Harbor Freight HVLP "purple gun" or the TCPGlobal
HVLP sprayers, which will work fine. I'd go with the TCPGlobal just
because you can get accessories for them easily--I made the mistake of
getting the "purple gun" and trying to get a different nozzle for it a
year later at which time HF told me that they didn't have parts for that
model anymore--they've always got a purple gun but the model number
keeps changing.