Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Mis-selling first Talk-Talk, now BT...

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:39:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Oct 26, 9:43*pm, "David" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

m...

In article , says...

Why not? In total I've been with BT/PO Telephones for over 47 years,
taking both 'ordinary' telephone service and when it became available,
internet. Only ever had three faults - 1969, 1987 and 2008. Never had
cause to complain and everything has been brilliant - wouldn't dream of
going with anyone else.

Well maybe cost does not bother you and your just lucky your BB speed does
not slow down, also if you have had no reason to complain you will not have
suffered at the Indian call center.
Regards
David

I have just renewed my Internet and Phone deal with BT. I rang up
saying I wanted to move to Orange and I got a cracking deal ! I have
no specific allegiance to BT, it's just that they were the best in
terms of features and matched prices once I had haggled.

You do have to keep an eye on the bills though. I signed up for
'friends and family mobile' since it was free, however since my last
're-negotionation' 12 months ago they've been charging £1.50 a
month... and the Indian chap /refused/ to refund it !!! I get my bills
online now and I guess I never bothered to look at them DOH !!

I was also offerred an "amazing" deal when I said I was leaving BT
(phone only).
However the one that I was actually given was *not* the one promised
on the phone.

Nearly a year later I am still waiting for the refund that was
promised.
--
(\__/) M.