Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Mis-selling first Talk-Talk, now BT...

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 01:08:16 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

On Oct 27, 8:26*am, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:
I am with a business BT line and was a resolute refuser of all offers by others sticking with BT for over 30 years. Originally, I had four lines: Home, business in and business outgoing then facsimile. We also had one for a second home in Anglesey. *All went well for about 15 years and then the prices went up so first the facsimile went and I used the telephone line for the odd facsimile. I regualrly paid for all the bills with one cheque. *Then in came electronic billing so I did the same on my main business number. *What did BT do? *gave me a huge credit on the paid for number - 3x the amount needed to pay it and promplty cut off the other two phones. *Tried to charge a fee for reconnection. *Took an hour or four to sort that out. *Told them if they could not sort out a payment meithod whereby I paid my BT bill with one transfer I would get rid of two of the other phones. Did they bother? Couldn't give a flying f... *So that is what I did. *They lost out on quite a lot o

f turnover. *Next they not only put the price of the line up so much that the line rental is 3x the call charges but also are charging me £5 (now£9) for NOT *being on DD because I pay quarterly by electronic transfer. *No paper - no cheques - no cost - It goes right into their bank account (or more accurately their sub contractor who they pay to collect the money) Next they alter the existing contract and superimpose a late fee of £13 if you do not pay promptly. *I checked out my original paper contract which being anal I have from 30 years ago - no such clause. *I wrote to them last May and told them they needed to pay me £250 pounds for my lossses to date (time spent phoning India etc) and I was not going to pay rental as a business from that date but that I would retain a private home line payable one year in ADVANCE at £100 ( instead of £120) and if they could stomach that I would stay with them. *I sent that letter in late May electronically where the promise was that as
*a business they would deal with it in four working days. What happened ? You guessed - FA. *I *wrote a hard copy a month later after several electronic chase ups. Nothing. I phoned India and "she" ( Is it not funny that they all have British names with accents you cannot *understand?) gave me an oral assurance that my letter was received and being attended to in Sept when the quarterly bill was due and I also told her that I was only going to be paying at the home phone rate I offered if I stayed. *Since then all I have heard is a deafening silence and Heaven be praised no bills and a working phone. *Who is running that business? A moron. *I have set up Zen to go to if the proverbial hits the fan and for sure as eggs is eggs the Anglesey house will go as well. *B.T. had a really loyal customer in me giving them a four figure sum in phone fees at one point and they have managed to **** me off so much I go out of my way to recommend others to leave them.

Do you *seriously* expect anyone to read messages formatted like that?

I did.

Sad to say it, but it seems all the telco providers are just as
moronic.

Not Zen. Zen are totally excellent.

MM