Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Mis-selling first Talk-Talk, now BT...

In article , Dave
scribeth thus
In article , says...

In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus

A friend is 'moving back to BT' from another telephone provider and gave
me horrible news of her new £40/month package.

Why ever does she want to move back to BT for?..

It included BT Infinity Broadband....

This is an elderly lady living alone without a computer in the house, or
immediate plans to get one.

I've just been on the phone to get it down to the basic £12/month, and
when/if the time comes that she wants the internet then off to Plusnet
for basic ADSL we will go.

Talk Talk were up to this trick not so long ago, I have elderly
relatives that proudly show me their unused router received in the post
- again no plans in actually using it.

:-(

Why not? In total I've been with BT/PO Telephones for over 47 years,
taking both 'ordinary' telephone service and when it became available,
internet. Only ever had three faults - 1969, 1987 and 2008. Never had
cause to complain and everything has been brilliant - wouldn't dream of
going with anyone else.

Good for you!.

You have been very very lucky!...
--