Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Mis-selling first Talk-Talk, now BT...

In article , MM
scribeth thus
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:43:36 +0100, "David"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
. com...
In article , says...

Why not? In total I've been with BT/PO Telephones for over 47 years,
taking both 'ordinary' telephone service and when it became available,
internet. Only ever had three faults - 1969, 1987 and 2008. Never had
cause to complain and everything has been brilliant - wouldn't dream of
going with anyone else.

Well maybe cost does not bother you and your just lucky your BB speed does
not slow down, also if you have had no reason to complain you will not have
suffered at the Indian call center.
Regards
David

God, yes, that Indian call centre! I had to speak to some guy there to
find out whether I was on any kind of contract with BT before dumping
them for Zen. The nice Zen man suggested I find out before switching
otherwise I might have been liable to BT for some exorbitant
contract-breaking fee or other. It took AGES going through the various
menus with BT before I finally ended up in India. Nice guy, but I
could hardly understand a word he was saying. However, the key part
was that I wasn't under any contract, so I said thanks, put the phone
down, called Zen again and went through with the switchover. Which BTW
was *completely* seamless. I didn't and haven't noticed any change to
the service at all. Well, except that I elected not to have Zen's
version of 1571, as my phone already has a built-in answerphone that
I've never used.

MM

Well.. We needed a line and BB installed for someone who's a customer of
ours at a rather unusual location and of course the first question is
Postcode and this place doesn't have one its in the middle of nowhere he
went to talk to a supervisor and after 20 odd mins on hold I put the
phone down..

Called Zen and was surprised to find that they did phone lines. Monthly
rental a shade cheaper than BT. Postcode?, no problem and the whole was
ordered up on around 6 mins and around 20 mins later an e-mail and
details of the allotted phone number and connection details of the BB
service..

All done and sorted .. all we had to do what wait around 10 days for
Openreach to install which they did on the allotted day and time..

Job done)...

Did I ever tell you of how long to took with BT to get an address
corrected?..

--
Tony Sayer