Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Air compressor recommendations

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:32:26 -0500, Gramp's shop wrote:

Thanks, friends, for the good counsel. I've selected a factory refurb
Porter-Cable, 6-gallon pancake compressor for $120. Good reviews and it
seems like it will meet my needs.

I've have one of those (and a larger upright DeWalt) for five or six years.
It's plenty big enough to run any sort of nailer. As long as you don't want
to do something like spray paint with it, you'll be happy.

On 10/25/2011 4:56 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
I have occasional need for an air compressor and have been sharing a
small unit with Number One Son. I use it mostly for brad nailing, once
or twice a month. So I don't want to invest big bucks. I'm thinking 125
PSI will be all that I need. I've heard I should go oiless. Any specific
recommendations? Any thoughts about HF models?

TIA,

Larry