Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cjdgeorge@googlemail.com is offline

Default Mis-selling first Talk-Talk, now BT...

uk.telecom.broadband, uk.d-i-y
I am with a business BT line and was a resolute refuser of all offers by others sticking with BT for over 30 years. Originally, I had four lines: Home, business in and business outgoing then facsimile. We also had one for a second home in Anglesey. All went well for about 15 years and then the prices went up so first the facsimile went and I used the telephone line for the odd facsimile. I regualrly paid for all the bills with one cheque. Then in came electronic billing so I did the same on my main business number. What did BT do? gave me a huge credit on the paid for number - 3x the amount needed to pay it and promplty cut off the other two phones. Tried to charge a fee for reconnection. Took an hour or four to sort that out. Told them if they could not sort out a payment meithod whereby I paid my BT bill with one transfer I would get rid of two of the other phones. Did they bother? Couldn't give a flying f... So that is what I did. They lost out on quite a lot of turnover. Next they not only put the price of the line up so much that the line rental is 3x the call charges but also are charging me £5 (now£9) for NOT being on DD because I pay quarterly by electronic transfer. No paper - no cheques - no cost - It goes right into their bank account (or more accurately their sub contractor who they pay to collect the money) Next they alter the existing contract and superimpose a late fee of £13 if you do not pay promptly. I checked out my original paper contract which being anal I have from 30 years ago - no such clause. I wrote to them last May and told them they needed to pay me £250 pounds for my lossses to date (time spent phoning India etc) and I was not going to pay rental as a business from that date but that I would retain a private home line payable one year in ADVANCE at £100 ( instead of £120) and if they could stomach that I would stay with them. I sent that letter in late May electronically where the promise was that as a business they would deal with it in four working days. What happened ? You guessed - FA. I wrote a hard copy a month later after several electronic chase ups. Nothing. I phoned India and "she" ( Is it not funny that they all have British names with accents you cannot understand?) gave me an oral assurance that my letter was received and being attended to in Sept when the quarterly bill was due and I also told her that I was only going to be paying at the home phone rate I offered if I stayed. Since then all I have heard is a deafening silence and Heaven be praised no bills and a working phone. Who is running that business? A moron. I have set up Zen to go to if the proverbial hits the fan and for sure as eggs is eggs the Anglesey house will go as well. B.T. had a really loyal customer in me giving them a four figure sum in phone fees at one point and they have managed to **** me off so much I go out of my way to recommend others to leave them.