Posted to alt.home.repair
tim birr tim birr is offline

Default Fixture bad -- or "wiring?" How to tell?

So, a couple of years ago, I did a major home remodel. Electrician
was OK, but he loved to "screw with things," that did not seem to need
"screwing with."

And, he got a bit testy when I said I would install various fixtures
myself, after he did the wiring, etc.

But, now it is two years later. I have an outdoor light fixture...I
use it maybe...once every two years. HA HA.

Went to use it today. It does not work. Replaced the bulb with known
good bulbs. No go.

Is there a way to test the light fixture itself without taking it
"out." It is sort of a pain to get to. It is a ceramic "pull chain"
fixture, located in a SMALL enclosed storage area under a set of
outdoor concrete stairs. It is out of the weather, but it does get
damp in there in winter).

I'm thinking the electrican, might have somehow disconnected it to the
panel as he worked to connect the new cooktops, ovens, overhead
fixtures in the house?

I do have a $50 KLEIN digital "whatever those sort of meters are
called" to measure current, but I am not very good at using it. So,
any thoughts?