Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ethanol ate my lawnmower

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:13:14 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

My personal opinion about home/garden gas engine tools falling apart
recently is, it's due more to increasingly cheapo crap quality than
any alcohol in the gas.

nb

a lifetime friend who runs a small gas engine repair place bames
ethanol. its a big operation he should know..........

And the ethanol is killing the old stuff too. "greenies" in the carb
and fuel system were NEVER a problem before ethanol fuel - and the
esimple expedient of NEVER running ethanol gas totally prevents it.

We are lucky enough here in Ontario Canada to still be able to buy
"abstainers gas" from the Shell Premium pumps. I use it in all my
small engine equipment except when I have surplus 100LL Avgas
available.(generally premix for the 2 stroke stuff)