Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default What happens if you ever lose a "chipped" key for your car?

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

"Ku

Unlike docs not all dentists are automatically covered under HIPAA.
Mostly has to do with whether they submit claims via computers and even
that isn't total.
A phone # would be covered *IF* the jawbreaker is covered.

I just called her at work to tell her that. Now she's even MORE fuming mad
that before. Red nitric acid fuming. Maybe there's a state law that covers
it. I'll have to check. It's probably time for a new dentist who gets a
transposed phone number or a pre-paid cell number or something.

Thanks for the info even if it's not what I wanted to hear.

I said they were not AUTOMATICALLY covered. They may be depending on
how and who they bill and myriad other things. Might be worth your while
to find out for sure.