Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default "Nibs" and raised grain

Max wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 08:40:49 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:
I buy mine at the Sam's club, IIRC 24 for $12. We have about 36 of
them running around here and when we get enough for a washer load
we wash them separately.

Honestly, I refused to buy microfibre products for some time. Kept
seeing people everywhere using them for cleaning floors and stuff.
Thought all the claims of what they could do were hyperbole. Then I
used one to clean my glasses. It has been sitting on my desk for over
a year, only wash it every six months. Yet, no matter how grungy the
rag is, it always cleans my glasses lens perfectly.

Been starting to wonder what else they can clean. They most
definitely grab all the errant sawdust off my wood just before I
stain or finish it.

I used microfiber on my glasses (polycarbonate) and it eventually
scratched them (Microfine scratches) :-)

More likely, whatever you were wiping off your glasses scratched them

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...