Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

On Oct 26, 1:22*am, harry wrote:
On Oct 26, 4:24*am, RicodJour wrote:

On Oct 25, 1:26 pm, harry wrote:

This because you are so primitive/backward in America. *Each heat
source in UK/Europe is individually thermostatically controlled. There
may be more than one heat source in each room. *It ii seasily possible
to knock 25% off the heating bill by doing this.
It has been so for about thirty years. *American heating systems are
fifty years behind European ones in terms of economy.
You have a lot of catching up to do.
Example.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermos...radiator_valve

A TRV does not control the furnace, it controls a radiator. *It can
only _prevent_ heat from going to a radiator in a room that doesn't
need the heat. *A balanced system does not need redundant
thermostats. *Redundant thermostats are for systems where the original
installation was done by people who did not know what they were doing.

TRVs are thrown on every radiator to make up for systems that are
messed up by clueless renovations done by someone's half-wit cousin
who didn't know WTF they were doing, didn't know how to run heat loss
calculations, and removed/replaced radiators or otherwise threw a
system out of whack. *Sticking a TRV on every radiator is akin to
using premium fuel to 'fix' your inbred cousin's shade-tree mechanic
tune-up of your car. *A waste of money and a band-aid in the wrong
place.

You are truly spectacularly and entertainingly clueless. *I have
changed my mind. *Please don't ever go away. *You are welcome to be
our dear old village idiot for as long as you live.

It's not possible to balance a system because heating requirements
vary around the house depending on weather conditions and other
activities.
Eg it you turn the TV or even the lights on it produces heat, a
thermostat will turn the room heating down.

I don't know why you lecture me on a topic which cleariy you have zero
knowledge, haven't even thought about and come from a proliferate/
wasteful and backward society..
American heating engineering has stood still for sixty years. I see
equipment described as "new" on this forum that is long obsolete
elsewhere. *As for new house construction, standards are unbelievably
low.
All arises out of a reluctance to do basic research for which America
is now paying the price in terms of jobs lost.
Even the Chinese have passed America in technology.. (In fact they own
you).

Short termism has killed the likes of for example GM. All down to
greed and the pursuit of instant wealth.

The only branch of engineering America is up to date on is weapons
manufacture. *Hence the needfor endless war

Yes sir, Europe is really showing us how it's done. How many of the
European countries are on the verge of going bankrupt? Don't give us
that line of crap until you have your own house in order.