Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default What happens if you ever lose a "chipped" key for your car?

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

her to call you." She's fuming mad and so am I. You'd think that even

phone number would be privileged information under the Federal medical
privacy laws.

Unlike docs not all dentists are automatically covered under HIPAA.
Mostly has to do with whether they submit claims via computers and even
that isn't total.
A phone # would be covered *IF* the jawbreaker is covered.

I just called her at work to tell her that. Now she's even MORE fuming mad
that before. Red nitric acid fuming. Maybe there's a state law that covers
it. I'll have to check. It's probably time for a new dentist who gets a
transposed phone number or a pre-paid cell number or something.

Thanks for the info even if it's not what I wanted to hear.

--
Bobby G.