Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default more newbie observations

In article ,
Bill wrote:

launching a 90 pound bowl blank into the fluorescent light over your
head and then hunkering down in the shower of glass while wondering if
the bounding bowl will exit the building stage left or bounce up and
down on your body is an even better learning experience. I learned a
LOT from that and there is still a dent in the 1X6 roofing board to
remind me.

I have a fairly tall shop (14 ft). I once launched a platter and had
enough time to wonder where it had gone, when it came back down and
bounced off the ways

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv