Posted to uk.d-i-y
hugh hugh is offline

Default Weather station

In message , Steven
Campbell writes
"Steven Campbell" no@thanks wrote in message
news:t6udnR7kH4n7fDjTnZ2dnUVZ8r2dnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
I know a few folk have spoke about these before on here so can anyone
recommend a reasonably priced one? Or definite types to avoid?

Cheers

Steven.

Thanks guys for all the input. I'll check out those links later in the
evening.
Its for a gift for the father-in-law and the Aldi / Lidl types always looked
good value for money, but as usual when you are looking for something it
never comes along!!

Have a look at Instrumet. Maybe a bit more pricey but reliable and
repair/spars are available. Had one for 14 years. Only problem replacing
the rain gauge.
As well as rain gauge has wind speed and direction, max gust speed,
max/min temp and pressure.
Mine has mains adapter but I can't remember if that is standard.
The more sophisticated provide for data logging.
--
hugh