Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default "Nibs" and raised grain

On 10/26/2011 1:59 AM, Richard wrote:
On 10/25/2011 1:03 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Han wrote:
wrote in
eb.com:

And I never fail to use a tack cloth. (I make my own from old, 100%
cotton T-shirts)

I can't find the recipe for making tack cloth, or renewing it,
anymore. Could you be so kind as to post it here again, please?

Larry gave you the answer (page to). You can also use microfiber rags. I
have no idea of their efficacy compared to varnish impregnated tack
rags but
they do a great job of cleaning off sawdust,

They also collect all the old dryer sheets in any load of clothes!

IIRC you are not suppose to use those sheets/fabric softeners when
washing and drying microfiber towels.