Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good place to ask about XP memory problems

On 2011-10-26, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/10/2011 02:05, Jules Richardson wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:46:55 +0100, John Rumm wrote:
AFAICS there wasn't much in it.
I wrote in 8086 assembler for the 8086 board I designed. It wasn't any
more difficult than assembler for the 68000.
You are having a laugh...
I actually assumed he was just trolling, because surely even he isn't
*that* crazy.

x86 was awful, it really was. Didn't its choice largely stem from IBM

Was? it still is (from a developers point of view).

The good news is that I haven't written any assembler since the PDP11, and
when I looked at the '86 out of idle curiousity, it made me nauseous.

These days the horror of the '86 is hidden away several layers below. Hell,
I haven't written any *compiled* code for years, never mind assembler. These
days I do anything complicated in Perl.

I found that anything complicated in PERL took several years to execute.

I do SIMPLE things in PHP, complicated things in C..