Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default gluing glass to neoprene?

On Oct 25, 9:22*pm, micky wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:22:13 -0700 (PDT), Ron
wrote:

I found someone that does upholstery work out of their home (had to
close his shop because of the overhead) and got it replaced for
$750.00 cash. All of the other quotes were from $925.00 to $1,300.

I only asked one shop so far for a pirce and it was 650 for the rear
window/curtain, and 1710 for the whole thing. * a 2000 Toyota Solara.
Maybe Baltimore is in the high rent district.

Where do you liive that even your high prices are so much cheaper?

I'm in Orlando. I called a LOT of places before I found the guy that I
used. The top on your car is a lot bigger, so that might be one reason
for the higher price (plus you've only called one place). Also, a
cloth top is more expensive than a vinyl one. I went with vinyl.

While I was researching a possible fix for my top I didn't see any
mention of the 3M tape being UV resistant. Since I live in FL that is
another reason that I didn't buy it.