Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Air compressor recommendations

Gramp's shop wrote:
I have occasional need for an air compressor and have been sharing a
small unit with Number One Son. I use it mostly for brad nailing,
once or twice a month. So I don't want to invest big bucks. I'm
thinking 125 PSI will be all that I need. I've heard I should go
oiless. Any specific recommendations? Any thoughts about HF models?

I am no fan of oiless. Too much noise and they are junk in my opinion. The
HF models of oil fill compressors are well worth the small investement
though. My son paid just under $100 for a small horizontal tank style
compressor and has used the hell out of it - and it's still just going
strong. Might fit your needs very well. BTW - they will all do 125PSI.
That's not the rating you should be looking at. You should be looking at
SCFM delivery rates - which will define what tools you can expect to support
off of it. For what you've outlined above - anything will work. If you are
thinking of other future uses - well then maybe you want to elaborate a bit
on that.

--

-Mike-