Joe Woody Woodpecker

Default OT - Social Security

Boy you must have had your ass up your head when you asked these
questions.

Al=A0Reid wrote

Not to make this a partisan issue but:
=A0=A0=A0=A0Q: Which party took Social Security from an independent fund
and put it in
the general fund so that Congress could spend it?
=A0=A0=A0=A0A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic-controlled
House and Senate.

!n 1935, social security was created. Believe it or not, people had to
be convinced that the social security number was to be used only for
social security and nothing else. Creditors can not refuse credit
because ou fail to give a SS number. According to the credit bureaus,
all they have to do is positively identify you and by using computers
that cross search age, birthdate, name and address they usually wind up
with only one name.

SS was set up and the amount that is in the SS fund, even though it may
be in the general fund can not be used for anything other than SS.

--

=A0=A0=A0=A0Q: Which party put a tax on Social Security?
=A0=A0A: The Democratic party.

You know I've been on SSD now for more than 12 years. Do you realize
that you have to make over $50,000 in SS (somewhere around that) in
order to have to pay taxes on it. The first thing you have to do is
divide it in half and then see if the measly $800 check you receive each
month is going to be more tan that. Some of the people I know who have
made $30-50 an hour at a job and now are on SSI don't make much more
than I do. There must be a handful that make millions of dollars each
year from the SS dept.

=A0=A0=A0=A0Q: Which party increased the tax on Social Security?
=A0=A0A: The Democratic Party with Al Gore casting the deciding vote.
=A0=A0=A0=A0Oh well, I guess I just did.

I guess you can tax everyone until their ass turns green. Where do you
get the idea tax is on SS? Is it because the State and Federal
government take a tax out when you get your paycheck? Funny thing isn't
it. Suppose I made $20,000 one year and uncle sam took his cut and SS
got their 7.35%. If this is where you think SS is taxed, boy you are
wrong. Lets see now I've worked for 25 years and when I become 42 I
become disabled and can no longer work. (Or I could have an illness and
never work in my life) Now I am getting SSD and all that 7.35% that was
taken out of my check is being returned to me. When I was 36, my SS
account showed $12,000 in it. I've been on SSD now for 12 years at a
price of $9,600 a year ($115,200) so far and this will continue until I
die at a non taxable increase each year.

Do you think a few small taxes are too much to pay when the return is
tax free. I don't even have to file taxes because the amount that I
make (taxable income) is zero on line 32. Although there are times I do
file and receive a $3500 EIC credit. (check sent to me)
=A0=A0=A0=A0--
=A0=A0=A0=A0Al Reid
=A0=A0=A0=A0

--
Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...workerJoesInfo

Where you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03
* * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
* * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
* * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
* * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
* * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03