Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A question for Karl re burning stumps.

That works, if you're far enough out from town. I've also
heard to bury the stump in "match light" charcoal, and touch
it off. That match light provides enough burn time, and hot
enough, to make the stump disappear. I've never tried it.

The one small tree I pulled, I used a sawzall and a LARGE
number of Harbor Freight blades. Then, a come along tool to
the van bumper. My neighbor's trailer was about 10 feet
away, so no burning out for me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in
message
news:PfCdndr4dLuhvTrTnZ2dnUVZ_gKdnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

Stump powder is available at most garden centers, other than
that you can
check the numbers on fertilizer bags, 13-0-45 is the usual
designation for
potassium nitrate. Bore holes in the stump and fill with
kno3, top with
diesel, and cover with a 5 gallon bucket to keep rain
out...wait a couple of
months before setting it on fire, refilling if necessary...

Although these days unless it's a fairly large tree in
difficult soil, I
usually cut off a couple feet above shoulder height ( if at
all ) and pull
with a tractor or 4wd pickup by hooking the chain as high up
the trunk as
possible.