Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Good place to ask about XP memory problems

In message om,
"dennis@home" writes
Having written a tiny OS for the 68000 (see
http://www.clothears.org.uk) I can state that it's a much better
processor than the 8086 ever was. Just a shame that the 68008 wasn't
out in time for IBM to use in the original PC instead of the 8088.

AFAICS there wasn't much in it.
I wrote in 8086 assembler for the 8086 board I designed.

Joined up the dots, did you dennis?

It wasn't any more difficult than assembler for the 68000.

The 80186 board I designed was programmed using PL/M and used RMX86.

Ah you cheated ... you got a computer to join up the dots for you ?

So thats two boards and a PIC

What a busy little life you had

It was much easier.

The STREAMS drivers and other C code I wrote was horrible to do, C is
the worst language I have used.

"Hello World" proved a bit too difficult for you, did it?

--
geoff