Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should I repair small paint peel in apartment?

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:40:51 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

On Oct 25, 12:02Â*pm, "bob" wrote:
While preparing to move out of an apartment, I accidentally peel off some
paint on the inside window ledge while removing a piece of tape.

The area is about 3 inches x 1/3 inch. The color is greyish with a hint of
red. I experimented with a computer paint program and the RGB value of (132,
128, 128) comes close. The area with missing paint may have multiple coats
of paint or have a primer because I can see and feel a height difference.

Most of the trim and doors in the apartment are painted this greyish color,
so I'm sure the landlord has alot of these paint around for maintenance, and
in theory, they should be able to repair it at a lower cost than I can.
However, they can also charge me any amount they feel like.

Should I try to repair it? What's a good way to do so? Spray paint can are
cheap, but they don't have custom color matching, and maybe hard to paint a
small area and blend the edges.

most apartment owners paint after each vacancy...... I would just
leave it be.......

but be certain the apartment is spotlessely clean

Any apartment I've moved into, or moved my kids into, or moved my
friends into, has NOT been repainted except for one - the apartment
was completely redone - including new drywall and insulation in the
outside walls - upstairs of an old house that had not been rented for
some time.