Frank B. Mayberry

Default Amperage for 5HP table saw?

I have a Left Tilt Unisaw with a 5 HP, single phase 230V, TEFC motor. It
uses the full voltage motor starter (GPE). I have the saw connected to a 30
A breaker. The saw starts right up and has never tripped the breaker when
starting or in use. While waiting for delivery of the saw, I talked to
Delta technical support. They said I would need a 40 Ampere Slo-Blow Fuse.
But as noted in earlier email, there is no such beast at Home Depot. Once I
had the saw, I looked at rating of the motor starter. I was rated for 18-25
A devices. And I did verify that the motor was rate at 5 HP.