Posted to uk.d-i-y
Reentrant[_3_] Reentrant[_3_] is offline

Default Weather station

On 25/10/2011 08:31, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Steven

I have one of the Fine Offset / Easy Weather / WS1081 type
(goes under several names!) - same as this one from Maplin
http://www.maplin.co.uk/usb-wireless...ecaster-223254

Good news is that it works, it's cheap, it's wireless, and connects to a
PC via USB.
Bad news is that it's prone to collecting spikes of duff data - which
isn't such a big deal if it's only for your own information but makes it
look a bit daft if you share the data.

I have the virtually identical WS1090 (I think the only difference is
the screen and radio-clocktime sync). Had it about two years. The AA
batteries in the sender last about a year, and 18 months in the
receiver. I also run Cumulus rather than the supplied Easyweather software.

You do need to modify the fin on the wind direction sensor as it
oscillates too much - there are several mods suggested over at Sandaysoft.

There is a newer model that is solar-powered and logs sunshine hours.

--
Reentrant