Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating one room

In article ,
wrote:
Indeed. If you split the rest of the house up into one zone at the
boiler, you'd need to run new pipework to the room in question. Only
alternative to that I can think of would be some form of radio linked
TRVs on every rad, centrally controlled. But even something like this
exists, it wouldn't be cheap to either buy or install.

I've just made my kitchen and futility room a seperate zone. Half a
dozen plumbing fittings plus 10 metres of 10mm plastic pipe in addition
to the zone valve and wireless thermostat. Cost about £100.

Presumably the boiler is in one of these rooms? If so, the easiest option.
The OP wants this for a box room. Likely as far from the boiler as
possible when sod's law applies. And that will need new pipe runs to it to
zone things.

Of course some are happy with surface mount pipes running everywhere. I'm
not. So it would be a great deal of work to do that here.

--
*Don't byte off more than you can view *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.