Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default OT - Senate Republicans vote to kill Obama's jobs bill..Why DoRepublicans Hate America?

On 10/23/2011 5:16 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 10/23/2011 6:54 AM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 10/22/2011 9:34 PM, Hawke wrote:

And hand a difficult and often overwhelming job to what amounts
to some housewife?

Or, for instance, a local community organizer?

How does that make any sense? What in the hell would make you
think someone with so little experience could do such a
difficult job worth a darn?

And community organizers seem to do no better than a housewife
might.

You might as well just draw a name out of a hat.

And, in 2008, both parties seem to have had few names to put in
the hat. Sad that the likes of Obama and Palin are taken seriously
as candidates.

David

All one has to do is put your opinion of Palin and Obama in
perspective with how they are seen all over the world.

Really? From what I've read in the European press, he's seen as an empty
suit.

Except for the rabid right wingers and conservatives, nobody holds
Palin in very high regard, and her leaving her only serious office
half way through caused her to be disregarded by most people. So
she's only held in high regard by a small group of right wingers.

Which doesn't include me, therefore.

Obama, on the other hand, is respected and admired all over the
world. There is no doubt who is more highly regarded and by far more
people.

The Europeans I've talked to got over their own version of "anyone but
Bush" pretty quickly when they saw how poor he was at basic diplomacy
and statesmanship. I guess the Chinese and Muslims appreciate all he's
done for them.

You dislike him and love the housewife.

I don't dislike him, he seems to be a nice enough and well meaning guy.
Not qualified to be POTUS, though, any more than Palin, who seems quite
a bitch and just as unqualified to be POTUS.

You're the man out of step with the rest of the world. Keep that in
mind next time you go bashing him. You've got the odd ball view. You
show that when you try to portray him as nothing but a "communtiy
organizer" when in fact he was a law professor and an author too.

Somehow that doesn't increase my respect for him. Teaching law when he
hasn't actually practiced? An author? My sister has had books published,
too, they work well when I have trouble falling asleep, a page or two
and it's snooze city.

You have to leave out a lot of his achievements to try to make Palin
look in his league. She's not, you know it, I know it, everybody
knows it. But you're clearly into living in a fantasy.

The only fantasy I ever had about poor Sarah was when she had a chance
of becoming VPILF and her general incompetence made that wilt.

I agree that her incompetence is not in the same league as Obama's,
though, now that we've seen how little he's done.

David