Bob S.

Default table saw adjustment: how anal?

Michael,

I'm sure the genius will jump on in here and correct me but before that
happens consider that by using the PALS you may be masking the problem. The
alignment of the saw depends on the undercarriage being square and true to
the table. Bosses on the trunnions must be flat, the tie-bar alignment must
not be putting torque on the trunnions and other adjustments come into play
to insure the alignment is correct or you'll forever be fighting it.

Advise you to do a search on "tablesaw alignments" . Here's one that Steve
Strickland wrote http://www.puzzlecraft.com/Projects/HTMAP/07saw.htm that
may help open your eyes to what is at play.

It's a good article and doing a search will uncover many more for you to get
ideas. As I said earlier, do yourself a favor and turn the table over and
fix the problem - don't mask it and introduce more problems.

Bob S.

"Silvan" wrote in message
Lawrence R Horgan wrote:

Silvan ALREADY KNOWS how to adjust his saw, you can tell by reading his

Crikey. What a mess I started!

OK, let's try this on for size. I got a dial indicator, and I bought four
cap screws. I'm going to fabricate my own version of the PALS system for
$2 in materials (using angle iron I already have) and see if that works.

think it just might.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/