Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default "Rubbing Out"

On 10/24/2011 2:48 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/24/11 2:39 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/24/2011 1:56 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
Still working on my desktop, but I was away for the weekend and didn't
get anything done (except the application of what should be the last
coat). I've now got 5 coats of MinWax poly on it, the first one Semi and
the rest Satin.

It *looks* pretty decent; a satin finish as would be expected. But I can
still feel some little nibs. So what to do next?

Before you try anything else, grab a grocery bag, cut some 8" "pads" out
of them and rub out your finish with them.

Won't hurt a thing and may be all the abrasive you need.

I tried the grocery bag thing a while ago (there's a post somewhere) and
I'll do it every time, form now on.

IIRC, guy named Jim Theile (sp) posted it here well over ten years ago,
(1999 or 2000). I've been using it every since myself.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010