Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Heating one room

On 24 Oct,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Indeed. If you split the rest of the house up into one zone at the boiler,
you'd need to run new pipework to the room in question. Only alternative
to that I can think of would be some form of radio linked TRVs on every
rad, centrally controlled. But even something like this exists, it
wouldn't be cheap to either buy or install.

I've just made my kitchen and futility room a seperate zone. Half a dozen
plumbing fittings plus 10 metres of 10mm plastic pipe in addition to the zone
valve and wireless thermostat. Cost about £100.

Odd thing after installing -- thermostat set to 17deg and room temperature
never fell below 22deg. Eventually noticed heaters were cycling hot. I'd left
the wireless thermostat on the default channel, and presumably it was trying
to satisfy e neighbour's demand for heat. Changed channel and all fine now.

Now will the neighbour pay the gas bill?

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply