Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default connecting a humidifier to Rheem furnace?

On Oct 24, 11:44*am, dpb wrote:
On 10/24/2011 8:45 AM, wrote:

Why do you need the sail switch at all? *What's the difference
if it starts to run as soon as the thermostat calls for heat?
In 2 mins the blower is going to start, no big deal.

'Cuz it also is the humidstat/humidity control.

If you're in an area dry enough it doesn't matter, ok, otherwise it
might be too much at times.

There is a mechanical humidistat, but it seems to me that the flow
rate of the water is such that it might overpower the drain if the
water isn't actively evaporating off the panel. That's my main
concern. That, and the sail switch is already there and (now)
functional, so it doesn't cost me anything to leave it in the
circuit. Also, the issue that prompted me to immediately dig into
this was the furnace not lighting, so it's possible (although not
normal operation) that there might be a heat call but no actual air
handler activation, and in such a case you wouldn't want the
humidifier to operate.

nate