Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default "Rubbing Out"

On 10/24/2011 3:39 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/24/2011 1:56 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
Still working on my desktop, but I was away for the weekend and didn't
get anything done (except the application of what should be the last
coat). I've now got 5 coats of MinWax poly on it, the first one Semi and
the rest Satin.

It *looks* pretty decent; a satin finish as would be expected. But I can
still feel some little nibs. So what to do next?

Before you try anything else, grab a grocery bag, cut some 8" "pads" out
of them and rub out your finish with them.

Won't hurt a thing and may be all the abrasive you need.

Interesting. In this day and age I think you might need to specify
"paper" bags, which don't exist at our local supermarkets. I think I can
still procure some though. Just a layer of paper under my fingers then?
Or can I wrap it around something non-rigid?