Posted to alt.home.repair

Default connecting a humidifier to Rheem furnace?

Could work, if the humidifier is 24 VAC. Like you say, the
humidifier is not desired during AC mode.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

it seems that I could just pull some thermostat wires from
the furnace
control board and piggyback off the "W" and "C" terminals
(I'm assuming
W is White e.g. heat and C is common) to only energize the
humidistat
when the thermostat is calling for heat... yes? No problem
with that
plan? (I could get rid of the sail switch and separate
transformer if I
did it that way, too...)

Yeah, I don't really know what I'm doing, but I do know
enough to see
that the way this installation that I'm messing with was
done is kind of
Rube Goldbergian and also does not lock out the humidifier
when the A/C
is on which is the main reason why I'm trying to redo it.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel