Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.machines.cnc,alt.home.repair
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default 10 cheapest BEST cities to live.... and to run a mfr'g bidniss??

wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 16:21:46 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:50:00 -0700, "PrecisionmachinisT"
wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
news:xqudnQvVrPHqbT_TnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d@earthlin k.com...

There was NO surplus under Clinton.

Sadly true.
There was, but it was largely accounting. The extra money brought in
by
the Social Security "Surplus" was counted as revenue. This was despite
the fact that the only place, by law, it could go was into Treasury
Securities. So, the current accounts surplus was largely related to
taking a long-term liability (those SS-surplus Treasuries) and
counting
it as a short-term asset. When you back those out, you are again in
deficit.

Since the same accounting practices are still in place today,
technically
there was indeed a surplus at that time.

No there wasn't. Only a leftist moron could say there was a "surplus"
when
the national debt *increased*.

It was called a "surplus" because during that time, more money was being
taken in than was being spent

False. The debt rose, therefore spending revenue.

Bull****.

I provided you with several links showing that revenue was indeed outpacing
spending at that period in time.

Here they are again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Debt_Trend.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USDebt.png

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/...ebt_chart.html

Have fun explaining why the line goes downward...

--a trajectory which would have eventually
eliminated the national debt altogether had the ****ing rightards not
started two god damned wars while at the same time dishing out tax breaks.

False. You cannot borrow your way to prosperity.

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/23...l-debt-by-year

The national debt increased every year. By *no* rational definition, was
the
budget balanced during Clinton's term.

Have you *ever* looked in a mirror? No, I suppose there is no
reflection.

Yeah whatever...

Don't go home crying, but you're clueless.

Again, whatever...

--the closest we've come to balancing the debt in ~three decades was under
Clinton and things have only gotten worse from that point forward mostly due
to right wing ****wits and their two unfunded wars.