Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT Wall street occupation.

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
On 10/21/11 07:31 pm, Robert Green wrote:

Cain's flat tax could actually work with the right formula - food would

be
tax free and other necessities could be exempted to make it somewhat

less
burdensome on the poor. The Tax Code has passed the point of what my

CMSC
610 prof (who was the retired head of the FBI data operations in DC)

said
was ""intellectual control." It has become so vast, arcane and

specialized
that only accountants with detailed specializations can understand it or
when it's been violated. I watched my dad struggle for ten years with

an
oil and gas partnership that the IRS took a dislike to. That required
energy tax lawyers, CPAs and years of mail tag and finally tax court by
which time the partnership one, but the profits had largely been paid to
lawyers defending the profits.

Two or three years ago I heard an economics professor with a PhD say on
radio that he lets his wife do their tax returns because he can't
understand it.

My wife has an MBA. She does the big tax planning and accounting in the
family. I just keep the computers she does it on running. (-:

--
Bobby G.