Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Heating one room

In article ,
Dave wrote:
In article , noone_you-
says...

Since you'll be working at/from home it's not unreasonable to ask
you employer to chip in for the extra heating costs. Open the bidding
at (say) 5 quid a week and be willing to settle for 2.
Also tell them that keeping office equipment on for 40 hours a week
will cost you money, and you'd like that back as well, please.

I'd guess that the house is otherwise occupied, so the amount of cool-
down during the day shoudn't be that high. You might even be able to
get by with just putting on a pullover and keeping the doors closed.

Going self-employed so that idea's a non-starter I'm afraid :-)

You can claim a little bit of tax back though. I can't remember the rules
off the top of my head, but every little helps...

Gordon