Posted to alt.home.repair
G. Morgan[_8_] G. Morgan[_8_] is offline

Default home security

George wrote:

George,

Exactly, lots of folks fall into "all this for $299" thinking and
quickly find out why it is a waste of time.

I'm glad you know this. Now you have to choose DVR and cameras.

Don't be cheap. Accept no less than 600 TV lines, Megapixel is better.

Do the calculations on storage for your needs, including motion only.

Don't use cams that come with a 12v P/S wall-wart, THAT is a dead
giveaway of crap.

Look at Speco true day/night cams, they don't rely on IR illumination.
About $280/per.

I use CAT5e and video baluns for PoE and upgrade ability to pure IP
cams.

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)